Simple Honey Syrup
Honey and water are all that's needed to make this honey simple syrup.
Put honey and water in a saucepan and simmer.Heat and stir until the honey dissolves completely.
Take off heat and cool.
Pour syrup into an airtight container.The syrup will keep for 3 weeks in the refrigerator.
- Recipe makes 1 cup (16 tablespoons) of syrup.
- Use 1-2 tablespoons of syrup per 1 cup of coffee.
- Use syrup in hot and iced coffee and tea, lattes, cocktails, and milk.
- To make a drink for kids, make honey steamers, which is warm milk and honey syrup. Put 1-2 tablespoons of honey syrup into a cup of warm milk.
- Raw honey is more natural and purer than the processed version which is heated during the bottling process. Heating honey in too high of a temperature can lead to loss of nutrients.
Calories: 86 | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 15mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 2mg | Iron: 1mg