Iced Shaken Espresso
Skip Starbucks and make this Iced Shaken Espresso copycat recipe at home!
- Starbucks makes theirs with a splash of milk (about 1/4 cup) but feel free to add a little more to your liking.
- Simple syrup is easy to make at home by combining a cup of sugar and a cup of water in a saucepan on the stovetop. Heat on low until sugar completely dissolves. Cool and pour into an airtight glass container and store in the refrigerator. It'll be good for 3-4 weeks.
- Customize your drink! Instead of 2% milk, try it with oat milk or soy milk. Try it with vanilla syrup instead of regular simple syrup.
- There's 3 shots of espresso in a grande sized drink which is a little tricky since most machines make 2 shots at a time. Try it with 2 shots first and if it's too weak, add another shot of espresso. 4 shots may make you a little too jittery from all the caffeine.
- Instead of milk, top off your drink with cold foam!
- Any airtight container will work to shake the drink ingredients together. A jar with a tight lid or a wide-mouth water bottle.
Calories: 199 | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 87mg | Potassium: 224mg | Sugar: 47g | Vitamin A: 60IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 87mg | Iron: 2mg