Perfectly brewed iced coffee made completely decadent with a sweet and salty cream froth.
Iced Coffee with Cream Froth
Iced coffee made in a coffee maker, quickly chilled, then topped with a rich cream froth.
- Easy and delicious iced coffee recipe.
- Coffee for this recipe is made in a coffee maker.
- Decadent, sweet cream froth made in seconds with a handheld milk frother.
- Shortcuts to make the drink from start to finish in about 5 minutes.
RELATED: 14 Refreshing Iced Coffee Recipes
- Coffee (grind: medium-fine)
- Filtered water
- Heavy cream
- Salt (No joke, this is absolutely THE best salt ever!)
Photo Credit: amazon.com
There are 2 parts to this drink:
- Brewed coffee poured over ice
- Cream froth
STEP 1: Brew coffee.
Use medium-fine grind coffee in a coffee maker to brew.
(If you’re grinding your own coffee, in a Barataza Encore coffee grinder, set it to #18.)
Filtered water will usually make a better tasting cup of coffee than tap water.
To make 2 iced coffees, use 3 tablespoons of ground coffee and 1.5 cups of water.
STEP 2: Lightly whip heavy cream, sugar, and salt.
Whisk together 1/3 cup heavy cream, 1 tablespoon sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt using a handheld milk frother until the cream thickens but doesn’t form any peaks.
It shouldn’t take more than 15 seconds.
STEP 3: Slowly pour coffee into 2 cups with ice.
Into a cup with ice, pour the coffee, leaving room at the top for the cream froth.
Make sure your glass can handle hot and cold temperature changes.
STEP 4: Pour cream froth on top.
The lightly whipped cream will float on top for a bit then make its way down.
Stir before drinking.
- The cream froth can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
- Don’t overwhip the cream froth. You want it to be pourable. If you’ve overwhipped, don’t worry — just add some heavy cream and stir with a spoon.
- Make sure you use a cup that can handle high and low temperatures without breaking.
Questions You May Have
Put the cream froth ingredients into an airtight container and shake vigorously until it thickens. Should take about a minute. You can also use a mini blender or an immersion blender.
The salt brings out the sweetness from the sugar. Plus, it’s a delicious combo of sweet and salty.
Yes! Here’s my cold brew coffee recipe. Both the cold brew coffee and cream froth can be made ahead of time and assembled in seconds whenever you want an iced coffee.
Decadent Iced Coffee With Cream Froth
- 3 tablespoons ground coffee (medium-fine grind)
- 1 ½ cups water
- 2 cups ice
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Brew coffee.Use medium-fine ground coffee in a coffee maker to brew. Use filtered water if possible.
- Lightly whip heavy cream, sugar, and salt.While the coffee is brewing, make the cream froth. Use a handheld milk frother until cream thickens slightly but doesn't form any peaks. It shouldn't take more than 15 seconds.
- Slowly pour coffee into 2 cups with ice.Into a cup with ice, pour the coffee, leaving room at the top for the cream froth.
- Pour cream froth on top.Stir before drinking.
20 thoughts on “Decadent Iced Coffee with Cream Froth”
Nice recipe for a hot summer’s day. Thanks.
Wander if you mix it or drink it separated like looks delicious & I love dark coffee mabe with some pan dulce mmm..
Wow! the drink looks so delicious!
I want a jar of it, every day! So good!
I will try.
Fancy and nice !
I will try this recipe soon
Too easy, will try it for sure.
This is very appealing, doesn’t seem to difficult to make.
Good time to try something new…at home to avoid corona virus so coffee is vital right now and this sounds like a new best friend…thanks
Looks yummy can’t wait to try
Looks so good, cannot wait to try it. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
NOW THATS VERY TASTY , IM A COFFEE LOVER AND I DONT REALLY TRY THESE THINGS BUT WAS PLEASANTLY SURPRISED WHEN I DID , THIS IS A KEEPER
i like it