Flavorful, smooth, and completely delicious, be your own barista at home with these refreshing, caffeinated ice coffee recipes.
Iced Coffee at Home
When you’re looking for a refreshing drink with a caffeine kick, there’s nothing like ice coffee. From easy, foolproof cold brew to decadent cream toppings, these recipes are sure to quench your thirst.
It’s easy to make decadent iced coffee drinks at home (and save you a lot of $$$) that tastes even better than the ones sold in coffee shops.
RELATED: Most Popular Coffee Drinks
- Strong coffee made in a coffee machine
To make strong coffee, use 1/2 – 1 tablespoon more ground coffee to make a cup in a coffee machine. Pop it in the freezer for 15 minutes to cool it down quickly or in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Cold brew coffee
Cold brew is the easiest way to make iced coffee since all the work happens in the refrigerator while you sleep. Plus, you can make one batch and drink it over a few days.
- Nespresso or Keurig
Use a pod or capsule to make a cup of coffee and put it in the refrigerator for an hour or in the freezer for 15 minutes to cool it down.
- Instant coffee
For whipped drinks like Dalgona coffee and Greek frappes, instant coffee is a must.
Milky Topping Options
- Cold foam
Make any iced coffee cafe-quality by topping it with cold foam. Take cold milk or half & half, and put it in a French press and move the plunger up and down 40 times. Yup, that’s all there is to it!
- Whipped cream
All you need is handheld milk frother (my trick to making whipped cream fast and easy) to whisk together heavy cream and sweetener. Use flavored syrups to make the whipped cream even tastier.
Iced Coffee Tips
- Don’t use sugar to sweeten your iced coffee since it’ll just sink down and settle down at the bottom of the cup. Instead, use simple syrup which will mix well with the drink.
- Make homemade syrups and simple syrups ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to a week.
- If you want your iced coffee to be super intense, use coffee ice cubes instead of regular ice cubes.
Iced Coffee Recipes
Want to save these recipes for later? Pin it now to your Pinterest board!
14 Refreshing Iced Coffee Recipes + Iced Brown Sugar Coffee
- Make coffee.There are multiple ways to make the coffee for this drink: Cold brew, strong brewed coffee that has been cooled down, instant coffee, or espresso from a machine. I like using cold brewed coffee for this drink. If you're using drip coffee, make sure to brew it double strength so it's nice and strong.
- Stir together brown sugar and hot water.I use an electric kettle to boil water. This is how I make a quick simple syrup without cooking anything on the stovetop. Set aside to cool.
- Pour brown sugar simple syrup into a cup and add ice.
- Slowly add milk, then coffee.Make sure to pour the milk then the coffee onto the ice cubes to help keep the layers separated. Stir before drinking.