Make delicious cold foam at home for your iced drinks! See how quick and easy it is to make flavored cold foam in just a couple of minutes.
Homemade Cold Foam
Cold foam is a foamy drink topping for iced beverages. It’s velvety, smooth, and adds a frothy layer of richness to a drink.
It’s made with heavy cream, milk, and syrup or sauce to flavor and sweeten the cold foam.
Starbucks makes cold foam using a special blender that’s only used for making cold foam. The blender has a circular disc that aerates the cream and milk to create cold froth.
There are three easy ways to make cold foam at home:
- French press
A French press makes perfect cold foam. The filter with its mesh strainer pushes air into the milk and cream, creating tiny little bubbles of foam.
- Electric milk frother
The easiest way to make cold foam is with an electric milk frother since it just takes a push of a button. Make sure your frother has a cold setting.
- Handheld milk frother
This does the job, but not as well as the French press or the electric milk frother.
- A shortcut I like to use is replacing the heavy cream and milk with half & half when I want super quick cold foam. There’s one less ingredient to measure and it’s like a light version of cold foam.
- The best cold foam is when tiny, uniform bubbles are created in the cream and milk since that’s what creates the smooth texture.
- Use cold foam instead of milk or cream in iced drinks. It can also be added into drinks with milk or cream to make it even creamier.
- Cold foam is best when it’s made and served immediately.
RELATED: Starbucks Cold Brew Coffee Copycat
Cold Foam at Starbucks
There are 4 cold foams on the Starbucks standard menu. All cold foams are made in a special cold foam blender.
Nonfat milk frothed cold.
Vanilla sweet cream cold foam
Vanilla flavored cold foam with heavy cream and milk. This is the base used for all other flavored cold foams.
Salted caramel cream cold foam
This cold foam goes on top of the Salted Caramel Cream Cold Brew.
Chocolate cream cold foam
Chocolate malt (not mocha sauce) is blended with vanilla sweet cream create this tasty foam.
Customized cold foams can be added to any cold drink. Ask for any available syrup to be blended into vanilla sweet cream cold foam.
Cold Foam at Dunkin’
Dunkin’s cold foam comes in a can! They use Reddi-wip’s sweet cream which is made with nonfat milk, sugar, and cream.
Their cold foam can be added to any cold drink at Dunkin’ and it’s popular on cold brews like “The Charli Cold Foam” drink.
RELATED: Best Dunkin’ Iced Coffees
10 Easy Cold Foam Recipes
- Easy French Vanilla Creamer
- Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew Copycat
- Jameson Cold Brew Irish Whiskey with Cold Foam
- Starbucks Iced Caramel Macchiato Copycat
- Starbucks Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew Copycat
Want to save these recipes for later? Pin it now to your Pinterest board!