Honey and water are all that’s needed to make this honey simple syrup. Use it in coffee, tea, or any drink where you want the sweet taste of honey.
About This Honey Syrup
- Honey syrup is a simple syrup that’s made with honey instead of sugar. There’s just two ingredients: water and honey.
- The water dilutes the honey making it easy to pour into drinks, especially iced since the liquid syrup will easily mix in with the cold beverage.
- Use it in coffee, tea, cocktails, or anywhere you want to sweeten and flavor a drink with honey.
- This recipe makes one cup of honey syrup, which can be used for days.
If you’re looking for more simple syrup recipes, try my chocolate syrup, pumpkin spice syrup, cinnamon syrup, mint syrup, and vanilla syrup. These syrups can be added to coffee to make drinks like Peppermint Mocha Latte and Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew. See them all here.
Any kind of honey can be used. The lighter colored honey tends to be milder in taste than dark colored honey.
Use filtered water if you can.
Steps to Make Honey Syrup
Here’s a quick overview of the steps to make this syrup. For full ingredients and instructions, scroll down to the recipe.
- Put honey and water in a saucepan and simmer.
Stir to make sure honey dissolves completely.
- Take off heat and cool.
- Pour syrup into an airtight container.
Notes & Tips
- The recipe makes a cup of honey syrup which is 16 tablespoons. Use 1-2 tablespoons of syrup to sweeten each cup.
- The syrup can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 weeks.
- Use syrup in hot and iced coffee and tea, lattes, cocktails, and milk.
Questions You May Have
Nope, you just need the water warm enough so that the honey can be completely dissolved.
Make honey steamers, which is made of warm milk and honey syrup. Put 1-2 tablespoons of honey syrup into a cup of warm milk.
Raw honey is more natural and purer than the processed version which is heated during the bottling process. Heating honey in too high of a temperature can lead to loss of nutrients.
More Simple Syrup Recipes
- Chocolate Syrup to make Iced Mocha
- Pumpkin Spice Syrup to make Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Mint Syrup to make Peppermint Mocha Latte
- Vanilla Syrup to make Iced Vanilla Latte
- Cinnamon Syrup
Simple Honey Syrup
- ⅔ cup water
- ⅓ cup honey
- Put honey and water in a saucepan and simmer.Heat and stir until the honey dissolves completely.
- Take off heat and cool.
- Pour syrup into an airtight container.The syrup will keep for 3 weeks in the refrigerator.
- Recipe makes 1 cup (16 tablespoons) of syrup.
- Use 1-2 tablespoons of syrup per 1 cup of coffee.