Make hot chocolate from scratch with these decadent recipes from peppermint to matcha green tea. Get tips on how to make delicious hot chocolate easy at home!
Why You’ll Love These Recipes
- Hot chocolate is just warmed chocolate and milk which is good as is, but to make it delicious and decadent, it’s all about the ingredients and extra touches which I’ve included in the recipes.
- Recipes are all easy and straight-forward. It’s mostly heating up ingredients and you’ll wonder why you didn’t make homemade hot chocolates before since it’s so simple to make.
- Each recipe below is loaded with notes and tips to make these hot chocolates perfect every time.
- Get shortcuts and tricks like using a handheld milk frother to whisk up whipped cream in seconds.
Questions You May Have
Whole milk for sure. It makes the drink so much creamier than using any other type of milk.
Yes! You can replace chocolate syrup I use in the recipes with cocoa powder and sugar. Details on amount to use are in the recipe notes.
Yup, but not a lot. There’s caffeine in chocolate so there’s caffeine in hot chocolate. In a 10 ounce hot chocolate, there’s about 20 mg of caffeine. Compare that to a cup of coffee that has about 240 mg.
Hot chocolate is made with chocolate and milk. Mocha is made with coffee, chocolate, and milk. Take out the coffee from mocha and it’s a hot chocolate. Add coffee to hot chocolate and it’s now a mocha!
10 Best Hot Chocolate Recipes
1. Homemade Hot Chocolate
Classic hot chocolate topped off with a generous cloud of whipped cream.
Made with homemade chocolate syrup and whole milk, this one is perfect for hot chocolate purists.
2. Peppermint Hot Chocolate
A cold weather favorite, hot chocolate meets peppermint in this tasty drink.
Make the chocolate and peppermint syrups ahead of time and your drink comes together in 7 minutes, including the whipped cream.
This is a Starbucks peppermint hot chocolate copycat recipe.
3. Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate
Sweet and salty in one delicious hot chocolate.
It’s topped off with homemade whipped cream (so easy to make at home) and a drizzle of caramel sauce.
4. Mexican Hot Chocolate
Take the classic hot chocolate recipe and add a couple of warming spices like cinnamon and you’ve got yourself a Mexican hot chocolate.
Cayenne pepper adds a little spicy kick.
5. Snickerdoodle Hot Chocolate
6. White Hot Chocolate
7. Earl Grey Hot Chocolate
8. Frozen Hot Chocolate
9. Matcha Hot Chocolate
10. Hojicha Hot Chocolate
- Easy Mocha
- Peppermint Mocha Latte
- Salted Caramel Mocha Latte
- Chocolate Syrup from Scratch
- Simple Homemade Syrups for Coffee and Tea
Want to save these hot chocolates to Pinterest to make later? Pin it now to your Pinterest board!
2 thoughts on “10 Best Hot Chocolate Recipes”
Best hot chocolate I ever had was something I invented on a whim one day. Just take a small handful of fun size 3 Musketeers bars and melt them into some milk and stir. That’s it! The nougat, it whatever you call it, gives it a nice lightly malted flavor and adds to the creaminess. So good.
Hi Apple, genius and delicious!