Make hot chocolate from scratch with these decadent recipes from peppermint to matcha green tea. Get tips on how to make delicious hot chocolate easy at home!
Why You’ll Love These Recipes
- Hot chocolate is just warmed chocolate and milk which is good as is, but to make it delicious and decadent, it’s all about the ingredients and extra touches which I’ve included in the recipes.
- Recipes are all easy and straight-forward. It’s mostly heating up ingredients and you’ll wonder why you didn’t make homemade hot chocolates before since it’s so simple to make.
- Each recipe below is loaded with notes and tips to make these hot chocolates perfect every time.
- Get shortcuts and tricks like using a handheld milk frother to whisk up whipped cream in seconds.
Questions You May Have
Whole milk for sure. It makes the drink so much creamier than using any other type of milk.
Yes! You can replace chocolate syrup I use in the recipes with cocoa powder and sugar. Details on amount to use are in the recipe notes.
Yup, but not a lot. There’s caffeine in chocolate so there’s caffeine in hot chocolate. In a 10 ounce hot chocolate, there’s about 20 mg of caffeine. Compare that to a cup of coffee that has about 240 mg.
Hot chocolate is made with chocolate and milk. Mocha is made with coffee, chocolate, and milk. Take out the coffee from mocha and it’s a hot chocolate. Add coffee to hot chocolate and it’s now a mocha!
Delicious Hot Chocolate Recipes
- Easy Mocha
- Peppermint Mocha Latte
- Salted Caramel Mocha Latte
- Chocolate Syrup from Scratch
- Simple Homemade Syrups for Coffee and Tea
Want to save these hot chocolates to Pinterest to make later? Pin it now to your Pinterest board!