Add pumpkin spice to your favorite drinks with this flavored simple syrup that’s easy to make at home.
About This Pumpkin Spice Syrup
Flavor and sweeten with pumpkin spice goodness with this easy-to-make syrup that’s made from scratch.
- Pumpkin spice syrup is a simple syrup that’s made with pumpkin spices and pumpkin puree. It’s a liquid sweetener that’s easy to add to drinks like coffee, tea, and cocktails. Add to hot milk to make pumpkin spice drinks for kids without any caffeine.
- Pumpkin spice is a blend of ingredients that flavor a pumpkin pie. This pumpkin spice is made with cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. Some blends include allspice but I kept it simple with just four spices.
- Pumpkin spice syrup is a flavored simple syrup made from the four spices, sugar, water, real pumpkin puree (comes in a can) and vanilla extract.
- Recipe makes about a cup of syrup, so it can be made once then used all week to make Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew, Pumpkin Spice Latte or Pumpkin Spice Chai.
- Pumpkin purée
You can’t make pumpkin spice syrup without real pumpkin since it just won’t taste the same. It’s sold in cans for about less than $2.00.
- Granulated sugar
Can’t have simple syrup without sugar.
- Brown sugar
Gives the syrup a richer, deeper sweetness to pumpkin spice syrup so I use half regular sugar and half brown sugar. Light or dark brown sugar both work so you what you have.
- Vanilla extract
Magically turns a good recipe into great recipe as a flavor enhancer.
- Ground cinnamon, ground ginger, ground nutmeg, and ground cloves
All four spices are blended together to make pumpkin spice so you can’t leave any out.
Steps to Make Pumpkin Spice Syrup
Here’s a quick overview of the steps to make this syrup. For full ingredients and instructions, scroll down to the recipe.
- Add all pumpkin spice ingredients into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
Stir to make sure sugar has completely dissolved.
- Pour syrup into an airtight container.
Cool and store syrup in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. Shake well before using.
Uses for Pumpkin Spice Syrup
- Add 1-2 tablespoons to coffee or tea to make it pumpkin spice flavored.
- Whisk it up with heavy cream to make pumpkin spice whipped cream.
- Warm milk and add to make pumpkin spice steamers. It’s great for kids since there’s no caffeine.
- Pour it on top of pancakes, French toast, or waffles instead of regular syrup.
- Add it to yogurt or oatmeal for a sweet treat.
- Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Pumpkin Spice Chai Latte
- Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew
- Brown Sugar Iced Coffee
- Iced Mexican Coffee
Pumpkin Spice Syrup
- Add all pumpkin spice ingredients into a saucepan and bring to a boil.Stir to make sure sugar has completely dissolved.
- Strain.Use a mesh strainer to help separate any solids that didn't dissolve completely into the syrup.
- Pour syrup into an airtight container.Cool and store syrup in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. Shake well before using.