A cold and refreshing iced Mexican coffee made with cinnamon, chocolate syrup, and cloves. It’s sweet with a spicy kick!
About This Iced Mexican Coffee Recipe
- Mexican coffee is a flavored coffee drink made with chocolate and cinnamon.
- This recipe kicks up the spice notes with cloves and the drink is topped with easy-to-make fresh cream topping.
- If you love sweet and spicy together, this is the drink for you.
- Any strong brewed coffee will work including coffee made in Keurig and Nespresso machines.
- Strong brewed coffee
Any coffee that’s made strong works including cold brew and brewed coffee in a coffee machine.
- Ground cinnamon
The spice that makes the drink Mexican coffee.
- Ground cloves
Gives it an extra spice kick.
- Chocolate syrup
What makes the drink sweet.
Use any kind of milk you prefer.
To make the drink nice and cold.
- Heavy cream
To make the cream topping.
To sweeten the cream topping.
For full ingredients and instructions, scroll down to the recipe.
- Combine coffee, cinnamon, cloves, and chocolate syrup. Mix well.
- Add milk.
- Make cream topping.
Whisk heavy cream and sugar using a handheld milk frother until it thickens. This should take just a few seconds.
- Assemble drink.
Pour flavored coffee into a cup with ice. Spoon on cream topping.
To dress up the drink, top off the whipped cream with a dusting of ground cinnamon and sea salt.
Stir before drinking.
- Strong coffee made in a coffee machine
Use 2-3 tablespoons of ground coffee to make one cup of coffee in a drip coffee machine. Pop it in the freezer for 15 minutes to quickly cool it down for the iced drink.
- Cold brew
Cold brew coffee tastes great in Mexican coffee but it does require a bit more time. See how to make it so it comes out perfect each time.
If you have an espresso machine, put in a shot or two of espresso and combine it with the spices and milk.
- Keurig or Nespresso
Make strong coffee by using one pod or capsule to make just half a cup by adjusting the setting.
Questions You May Have
Cold brew is my go-to for making iced coffee drinks. Make a batch and you’ll have coffee ready in the refrigerator anytime you want to make a flavored drink.
Yes! If you don’t have ground cloves, add more ground cinnamon. The cloves aren’t 100% necessary but the cinnamon is.
Use a dairy-free milk to make the drink and don’t make the cream topping which is made of heavy cream.
Easy Iced Mexican Coffee
- Combine coffee, cinnamon, cloves, and chocolate syrup. Mix well.Stir together, making sure the ground spices are well mixed in.
- Pour milk into the spiced coffee.
- Make cream topping.Whisk heavy cream and sugar using a handheld milk frother until it thickens. This should take just a few seconds.
- Assemble drink. Pour flavored coffee into a cup with ice. Spoon on cream topping.
- Optional: Garnish with a dusting of ground cinnamon and sea salt.
FREE CHEAT SHEET!
Join my email list and get this iced coffee drinks cheat sheet.