Sweet and salty in one delicious caffeinated coffee drink. Top if off with freshly whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce.
About This Salted Caramel Latte Recipe
This super easy drink recipe uses caramel sauce to flavor the coffee and the decadent whipped cream. If you love sweet and salty, this is the drink for you.
- Salted caramel latte is a flavored coffee drink made with caramel sauce and sea salt.
- No need to make caramel from scratch, this recipe skips that step with a shortcut by using store-bought caramel sauce. The caramel sauce is added to the coffee and the cream topping.
- Making fluffy cream toppings for drinks at home is super easy using a handheld milk frother. It’s my secret to magically creating delicious whipped cream in seconds.
- Can be made using espresso or strong coffee from your coffee machine, Nespresso, Keurig, or French press.
- Strong brewed coffee
Coffee made in a drip/coffee machine, Nespresso, Keurig, and French press will all work. If using an espresso machine, use two shots of espresso.
Steamed or warmed on the stovetop or a microwave for 30 seconds.
- Caramel sauce
Making caramel from scratch is not easy, so this pre-made sauce is a huge shortcut.
- Sea salt
This is absolutely THE BEST salt EVER. It’s a game changer. I use it in recipes and as a finishing salt on everything including drinks to balance out the sweetness like this hot chocolate.
- Heavy cream
To make the cream topping.
Steps to Make Salted Caramel Latte
For full ingredients and instructions, scroll down to the recipe.
- Make salted caramel cream topping.
Use a handheld milk frother to whisk together caramel sauce and heavy cream. Set aside.
- Heat milk.
To froth and heat milk at the same time, use an electric milk frother.
- Assemble drink.
Pour coffee into a cup and stir caramel sauce, salt, and heated milk. Top with salted caramel cream topping. Garnish with a drizzle of caramel sauce and a pinch of salt.
- Strong coffee made in a coffee machine
Use 2-3 tablespoons of ground coffee to make one cup of strong coffee in a drip machine.
Use two shots of espresso and use 3/4 cup milk.
- Nespresso or Keurig
Use a pod or capsule to make one cup of coffee. A dark roast would work better than a lighter roast.
Notes & Tips
- A handheld milk frother is my trick to making whipped cream for drinks super easy. So easy to clean up and it makes fluffy cream in seconds.
- Cream topping can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container for 2 days.
- Using cold milk will drop the temperature of the drink too much, so it’s better to heat it up on the stovetop or on the microwave. Best is to froth it in an electric milk frother which will heat and froth at the same time. If you have an espresso machine, you can use the steam wand.
Questions You May Have
No, they do have a salted caramel mocha latte though, which is a popular seasonal drink.
Yes, you can use any kind of milk you like.
Yes, you can replace the coffee with tea if you want a caffeinated drink. To make it without caffeine, just add the caramel and salt to steamed or frothed milk which will make it a salted caramel steamer.
Salted Caramel Latte
Salted Caramel Latte
Salted Caramel Cream Topping
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons caramel sauce
- Make salted caramel cream topping.Use a handheld milk frother to whisk together caramel sauce and heavy cream. Set aside.
- Warm, froth, or steam milk.To froth and heat milk, use an electric milk frother.
- Assemble drink.Pour coffee into a cup and stir caramel sauce, salt, and heated milk. Top with salted caramel cream topping. Garnish with a drizzle of caramel sauce and a pinch of salt.