A Starbucks-inspired drink made with coffee, milk, and cinnamon syrup. The caffeinated drink it topped off with cinnamon whipped cream.
About This Cinnamon Dolce Latte
- Strong coffee, milk, and cinnamon syrup are combined to make this easy, Starbucks-inspired Cinnamon Dolce Latte drink at home. It’s all topped off with a lush and fluffy cinnamon flavored whipped cream.
- Strong coffee for this drink can be made in a coffee machine, Nespresso, or a Keurig. Cinnamon syrup can be homemade or store-bought.
- To make the cinnamon cream topping, just a handheld milk frother is needed to whip cream in seconds.
- Strong coffee
Use your coffee machine, Nespresso, or Keurig to make coffee.
Any kind of milk can be used.
- Cinnamon syrup
I’m using my homemade cinnamon syrup to make this drink but you can use store-bought Starbucks’ Cinnamon Dolce syrup.
- Heavy cream
This gets whipped up with cinnamon syrup to make the whipped cream topping.
For full ingredients and instructions, scroll down to the recipe.
- Make cream topping.
Cinnamon syrup and heavy cream are whipped together using a handheld milk frother.
- Froth milk.
Heat milk on the stovetop or microwave then use a French press to froth. Or use an electric milk frother that will heat and froth at the same time. If you have an espresso machine, use the steam wand to froth the milk.
- Assemble drink.
Hot coffee, frothed milk, and cinnamon syrup go into a cup. Stir. Top with cinnamon cream topping. Optional garnish: sprinkle ground cinnamon.
- Cinnamon Dolce syrup tastes like sweetened cinnamon with brown sugar so my homemade cinnamon syrup is made with those ingredients. It’s super easy to make at home and costs so much less to make it than buy the Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce syrup.
- You can buy the Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce syrup at your local Starbucks. Just ask the barista if they have any you can purchase. If they have enough in stock, they’ll sell it to you! See more Starbucks tips.
- Starbucks makes their Cinnamon Dolce Latte with espresso and steamed milk so to get it to taste as close to the original, use an espresso machine to pull shots and to steam the milk.
Questions You May Have
Combine warm milk and cinnamon syrup and top with cinnamon cream topping to make a caffeine-free drink for kids.
Starbucks’ Cinnamon Dolce Latte is made with espresso and their Cinnamon Dolce syrup and topping. My recipe uses all natural ingredients and don’t contain anything like carageenan and potassium sorbate, which you’ll find in the Starbucks version.
Cinnamon Dolce translates to “sweet cinnamon.” It’s an espresso drink sweetened with a cinnamon simple syrup.
More Drink Recipes
- Peppermint Mocha Latte
- Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew
- Salted Caramel Latte
- Iced Salted Caramel Latte
Cinnamon Dolce Latte
Cinnamon Dolce Latte
Cinnamon Cream Topping
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon syrup
- Make cream topping.Cinnamon syrup and heavy cream are whipped together using a handheld milk frother.
- Froth milk.Bring milk to a simmer on the stovetop, making sure it doesn't come to a boil since it can easily burn, or microwave it for 30 seconds. Pour heated milk into a French press, put the lid on, and move the plunger up and down, making sure to hold down the lid. Or, heat and froth milk at the same time using an electric milk frother. If you have an espresso machine, froth milk using the steam wand.
- Assemble drink.Hot coffee, frothed milk, and cinnamon syrup go into a cup. Stir. Top with cinnamon cream topping. Optional garnish: sprinkle ground cinnamon.
FREE CHEAT SHEET!
Join my email list and get this iced coffee drinks cheat sheet.